… the student will in turn transfer these experiences into exam performance. In addition, this tour business offers a safe stimulating environment for a child’s independence to bloom.
This five-day tour is a nicely paced overview for students and their teachers of events that featured in the D-Day invasion from both the air and the sea, and takes in the museums that tell the stories, and shows the vehicles and the weapons involved. A professional guide with an in-depth knowledge of events is constantly with the group, informing everyone what happened at each of these locations.
Malahide Community school at the Paratrooper Museum in Sainte-Mère-Église.
The nice thing about this tour, apart from the historical aspect, is that there is an optional visit to Disneyland Paris, or the Bayeux Tapestry, a remarkable work of art depicting the Norman conquest of England in 1066 (if so chosen by the school). This tour also gives students a chance to practice their spoken French in the towns and shops we will be visiting…alors c’est fantastique !
The Paratrooper Museum in Sainte-Mère-Église.
Some of the key places we will visit
- Pegasus Bridge & museum
- Gun battery at Longues-sur-Mer
- Sainte-Mère-Église and the Paratrooper museum.
- Arromanches (portable harbour) and its museum.
- Omaha beach
- American Cemetery, Saint-Laurent.
– Dublin/Cork return flights to Paris Charles de Gaulle airport.
– One checked in piece of luggage, one checked in cabin bag.
– All transport by coach, including transfers between Paris Charles de Gaulle airport and the King Hotel http://www.nstgroup.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/AD-KingHotel.pdf
– Full board accommodation (packed lunches and dinners).
– Entrance fees to all museums and to Disneyland, Paris or the Bayeux Tapestry.
– Personal guide providing a daily in-depth review of all WWII events while visiting key locations.
All bookings done in conjunction with a fully Bonded and licensed Tour operator.
Niall Hanan with students and teachers from Malahide Community School at the American Cemetery, in Saint-Laurent.